The Intelligence Estimate

Only an estimate. Actual intelligence may vary.


Big Mensa Brain

As you may or may not know my wife is currently enrolled in an accelerated nursing program. Usually a nursing degree takes around 3 years to complete, but Jen will have her degree in 13 months. Because of the fast paced nature of the coursework she is already done with a "semester" of classes despite the fact that she's been in school for less than 6 weeks.

I got a panicked e-mail from Jen today alerting me to the fact that she was not at all pleased with her GPA. I thought, "Geez, you have like three tests a week...how can they expect you to do well." Then I found out that the GPA she wasn't pleased with was a 3.0. I was aghast.

I mean, I knew she was smart but...come on?! 3.0 in an accelerated program is off the charts in a regular program! With all the new information being crammed into her head I'm amazed that she can still remember things like, oh I don't know, her name?! She's astounding. I used to get 3's and 4's in my GPA too, but never IN FRONT of the decimal. And I got a LIBERAL ARTS DEGREE from a STATE SCHOOL!

My gawd, I love this woman...because she's smart enough to not need me, but, inexplicably, she still wants to be with me! Let's hope she never gets any wiser on THAT score!

1 Responses to “Big Mensa Brain”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Postgrad is wack. Anything less than a B+ means it's slit your wrists time. Heather's been in that same boat. I don't understand why they differentiate between Cs, Ds, and Fs at that point, since they're all effectively Fs anyway.

    I'm sure Jen'll do fine. It always takes a little time to calibrate when you enter a new program.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Intelligence Estimate | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health