The Intelligence Estimate

Only an estimate. Actual intelligence may vary.


Area Rug 51, First Blood Part 2

Long story short, Jen and I ordered a rug to match our couch and were having trouble with the store. (Episode one can be found here.)

Monday, August 28
- I call Wickes Furniture and speak to Davis (apparently Suzanna from the other day is busy playing with a piece of string.) I explain our situation and he looks up the account.

"Hmmmmmmmm...it looks like this isn't the right rug."

Looks like? So you're not sure?

"No, it doesn't look like this is the rug that came with your set."

But you're not sure? Can you just check the set that's in stock?

"And they've already loaded the truck, so it's on it's way."

Which one? You mean the WRONG rug is on its way? You're sure?

"I tell you what, it will be here later today. You can come down and look at it and see if it is the right one or not."

So you're not sure? Your solution is to have me drive across town and do your job for you for free? Good plan. I mean the job doesn't sound too hard. It's not like you need to help people and clearly the ability to answer questions isn't in the skill set either. Frankly I don't know why chimps aren't selling this stuff for you. Probably a poo problem.

"Just to make sure I'll order this other one too. It should be here by next Wednesday."

Which one will be here Wednesday, the right one or the wrong one? How do you know THIS ONE is the right one?

"The truck comes in tomorrow by one and you can come down and see if it's the right one or not."

So you don't know if it's the right one?

"We've ordered the one with concentric circles and it'll will be here."

When? Do I still need to stop by tomorrow?

"Yeah, come on down and check it out. If it's not the right one we'll send it back."

So,to summarize, he wasn't sure and at that point I wasn't either. By that time I was so confused I'm not sure I could have told you my name. I was fairly certain I needed to make a trip down to the store, but I couldn't swear to why. Anyway, I knew it was aggravation that would wait until tomorrow. Right now I needed to go in the back yard and beat something with a baseball bat. I hope those neighbor kids are playing in the alley!

The carpet saga rages on. Be sure to tune in for our next thrilling episode when our hero travels into the very belly of the beast to do battle with the forces of stupidity. Will he emerge unscathed or will he be stupider for the encounter? The answer to these and many other questions will be answered in the next episode of AREA RUG 51!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Responses to “Area Rug 51, First Blood Part 2”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Intelligence Estimate | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health