The Intelligence Estimate

Only an estimate. Actual intelligence may vary.


Must Have Been Wrong Ring, But It Must Have Been the Right Time

I was asked by a friend what my cell phone ringtone was. And, never being one to pass up an opportunity to be opinionated, I spewed forth the following diatribe. Enjoy.

I keep my cell phone set to vibrate at all times. The reasons are many...besides the obvious fun of the vibrations themselves. First of all, I have a very old phone and cannot get cool new ringtones at the drop of a hat that are all the rage with the kids these days. Also, I don't want to face the moral dilemma of trying to decide which defines me more as an individual: The Imperial March or The Main Title Theme from Star Wars. (What would C3-PO do?) I also avoid all those annoying reminders at theaters to silence my cellphone. Way ahead of the curve there. And honestly, I'm not so important that I need to get every single call the second it comes in. I'm not a surgeon and I'm not awaiting an organ transplant, so really, what's the point? Do I really need to hear every little detail of my mother's latest church bake sale while the details are still fresh? No. Trust me, those stories will keep. Or, if you're lucky, they will disappear altogether.

1 Responses to “Must Have Been Wrong Ring, But It Must Have Been the Right Time”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Mine?
    "Strange Magic" by ELO.

    But I mostly keep it on vibrate and forget to keep it charged anyway. The whole cell phone thing was more useful when I was single and didn't ever bother to get a land line.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Intelligence Estimate | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health