The Intelligence Estimate

Only an estimate. Actual intelligence may vary.


Runnin' On Empty



I have never been a big lover of bumper stickers. I personally have never been driving behind someone and thought, "I wonder if their kid is an honor student? I wish they'd just tell me a little more about themselves. Who did you vote for? Do you prefer Ford or Chevy? Who would you like to have a cartoon character pissing on? What are you afraid of, OPEN UP TO ME!"

Well today I saw the best (and by best I mean WORST!) bumper sticker yet. It was on a black Dodge Dakota on Loyola Avenue at about 1p.m. today. It was a black sticker with white letters and a little cartoon gas pump. Next to the gas pump it said, "Powered By Gasoline."

Really? Gas-o-line you say? These newfangled horseless carriages confuse and confound my already bedraggled mind. I have so much to learn. Please, explain to me this GAS-O-LINE of which you speak.

I guess I should thank them for explaining the internal combustion engine to me. It's only been around for a hundred years or so and a lot of the complexities of it were lost on me, the lowly pedestrian.


Gasoline. It runs on gasoline. Was there really a lot of confusion on that point? Well, just for the record, I wanna clear this up once and for all: the Dodge Dakota is not powered by pixie dust and happy thoughts.

0 Responses to “Runnin' On Empty”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Intelligence Estimate | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health