The Intelligence Estimate

Only an estimate. Actual intelligence may vary.


It's Taking Over

I think this iPod business may be taking over my life. I've had the past two days off and I've spent the bulk of that time loading music onto my iPod. The result? Besides having over 2000 songs on my iPod, I now see the world in song lyrics.

Today I was walking down the block to get some lunch and I saw this weasely looking guy pushing an ice cream cart down the sidewalk. All of a sudden he stops dead in his tracks. There is no one near him. It's not like he's making a sale or discussing business with anyone. There is no one there...except the pretty woman walking behind him, who he lets pass so he could check her out. As she passes him I realize that she has a cat carrier in her hand.

That's the objective information that was taken in by my entirely uninterested senses. But here's what I heard in my head:

"I'm your ice cream man stop me when I'm passing by
I said all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy"

"Pretty woman look my way
Pretty woman say you'll stay with me
Cuz I need you"

"Cat scratch fever...wah-nah-nah-nah...Cat scratch fever...wah-nah-nah nah!"

"Could have been so beautiful
Could have been so right
Could have been my everything
On a cold and lonely night."

This is out of control.

0 Responses to “It's Taking Over”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Intelligence Estimate | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health