The Intelligence Estimate

Only an estimate. Actual intelligence may vary.


Quickies...Or As The Catholics Call Them "KWKYs"

When I was in Des Moines last week I noticed a sign for a Catholic radio station. The radio station's call letters were KWKY. Really Catholics? Quickie? I guess when you rely on God and the rhythm method then a quickie's ok.

*****
I was walking to the store today to get a sandwich. I walked down the block and saw a young woman with her young daughter. The daughter was about a year and a half old. They started waving in my direction and I realized that Grandma was coming down the block behind me. So the young woman and her young daughter start running down the sidewalk in my direction to meet with Grandma. They get closer and closer (it's a long block) and they get giddier and giddier practically squealing with glee. Until the little girl gets right upon me. Then she turns very serious and looks up at me and says, "Walking here!"

How do they pack that much attitude on a frame that small? I couldn't be angry at her either because she was just adorable. It was like Joe Pesci coming out of Dakota Fanning. Surreal.

And for the record, I did find her amusing...like a clown.

*****
I saw another religious sign when I was in Des Moines last week. It said, "Prepare to Meet Thy God!" Now, I knew what they meant, but I couldn't help but feel like it was a roadside attraction of some kind. Like they actually had God in a tent out behind the barn. Man would ever have been cool!

*****
Our French neighbor downstairs is reading a book about the Nazis...there's a joke there somewhere.

*****
There was a tent revival on the lawn outside of an auto parts store in Des Moines. (They're a lot closer to God back there!) I'd seen it before but it always makes me laugh. It's so rare that one needs a socket set and salvation in the same day.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Quickies...Or As The Catholics Call Them "KWKYs"”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Intelligence Estimate | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health