The Intelligence Estimate

Only an estimate. Actual intelligence may vary.


Tommy Can You Hear Me?

I took a hearing test today at work. (I SAID I TOOK A HEARING TEST TODAY...oh nevermind.) A mobile lab came and set up in the parking lot. Five of us came in and filled out some paper work, listened to a presentation on hearing safety and then took the test.

We put on our earphones and grabbed the clicker beside it. We were told simply to press the clicker whenever we heard a beep in our earphones. Well, it took me awhile to realize that the testing had begun because (and I realize now that this is a horrible reason) the beeps were so quiet. I didn't realize that what I was hearing were my beeps. I figured that those faint rumblings were coming from the office that the tester was shut in, or the people next to me. I didn't think that anything THAT quiet could be a hearing test. Which, in retrospect, makes no sense whatsoever. They wouldn't ask if you could hear loud noises. They aren't going to start a band saw next to your head and see if you flinch. Of course you can hear that. But these beeps were so quiet I was afraid to swallow because it would make too much noise and I would miss it.

Sully said he thought they were quiet too so he compensated. "I was like, 'is that a car going by?" he said. "Well I better push the button just to be safe." I got to the point where I was just pushing the button when I felt like there SHOULD be a beep there.

I'm resonably certain that these hearing tests are going to show that the Blue Man Group is run by a bunch of deaf mutes.

0 Responses to “Tommy Can You Hear Me?”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Intelligence Estimate | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health