The Intelligence Estimate

Only an estimate. Actual intelligence may vary.


Irony

Jen and I saw King Kong tonight. (It was very uneven and the pace suffered at the beginning, but ultimately a worthwhile film.) When we lined up to buy tickets we picked a line that had only ONE person in it. We figured it would be the fastest line. However, the lady in-line was probably in her late 60's or early 70's, and, unbeknownst to us, the cashier was explaining on-line ticket purchasing to her. And the old lady was not having any of it. I think the tutorial needed to start off with, "Ok, a computer is a typewriter with a TV attached to it and a telephone coming out the other end," because this lady was looking at the cashier like she was speaking Latin. Come to think of it Latin may have been easier for her to understand. It would be a throwback to the days of her childhood when Caesar ruled her hometown with an iron fist!

"So I pay Fandango and then I come in here and trade in what they gave me for tickets?" The cashier tried to explain to her that you are given a barcoded ticket that you print out and take to the ticket tearers in the lobby, but that was beyond this woman. "Well, how do they know I have a ticket?" Because you print it out at home. "But then how do you get paid? I just paid Fandango, not you." Trust me it all works out. "And so then I can skip the lines here and go right to the movie?"

So while I was waiting in line to buy our tickets our progress was being stymied by a woman who getting an explanation on how to save time buying tickets. Irony, no?

I think 5 sequels were made while we waited for our tickets.

0 Responses to “Irony”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Intelligence Estimate | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health