The Intelligence Estimate

Only an estimate. Actual intelligence may vary.


Culture Shock

I was at a friend's birthday party tonight (Happy Birthday Sarah. Not that she'll ever see this!) She held the festivities at a pub called the Duke of Perth. The place went ot great lengths to provide the quaint pub atmosphere. There were animal heads on the walls. There was rough-hewn wood work on the walls. There was Celtic music, replete with penny-whistles and fiddles, fillingthe air. Well, most of the air anyway.

As the evening wore on I excused myself to go to the bathroom. The men's room shares a wall with the kitchen. And the whole time I was in the bathroom I could hear the merengue/salsa music bleeding in from the kitchen. If you stood in the doorway and tilted your head just right, I think you could hear Danny Boy with mariachi horns...just the way God intended it to be heard!

0 Responses to “Culture Shock”

Post a Comment



© 2006 The Intelligence Estimate | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health